Monday, March 12, 2012

FEW in review: Mar 5-11

So, no exercise this week. I felt a cold coming on and slept a bunch; the cold never developed but my right ear is still hurting off and on. (I had a bad ear infection over the winter and my right eardrum burst. Doctor told me it'll take a while to heal fully.)

My home scale says 255. I'm checking it too frantically and too often for my taste. Something's going on there.

But things aren't all bad...I have enough courage and energy to try to improve my appearance once again, so I've ordered some new clothes for spring. I'll be writing more about that soon.

Also, a small tweak in my routine is working out well for me. After a long stretch of not drinking enough water, it occurred to me to make sure my water bottle is cleaned, filled, and sitting next to my thyroid medication so that I start drinking from it first thing in the morning. My bottle holds 20 ounces and I try to drink at least 60 ounces each day. I usually chug about 10 ounces with my morning medication, and I finish off another 10 with breakfast. Being 1/3 of the way "done" so early in the morning encourages me to keep going; it's pretty easy to drink another 20 before lunch and another 20 before dinner. Before I started doing this, I'd often drink a bit of water from a cup to take my medicine but then put off cleaning my water bottle until later in the day (a task I hate for some reason). The late start would make it difficult to get in my 60 ounces. Or I wouldn't clean it at all and would instead drink out of glasses sporadically throughout the day. That made it hard to know how much I was drinking; I'm sure I typically drank less than 60 ounces on those days. I like my new approach better. Hooray for little adjustments!

I'm leaving my notes for the week in their original form; I experienced turmoil and see no reason to whitewash.

Monday, March 5:
11:45 am - fresh juice made of carrots, celery, apple, and beet;
chicken noodle soup, KIND bar
4 pm - slice of pizza eaten in a hurry in the car (not attentive)
6 pm - devil's food cupcake and pistachio cupcake (attentive but not truly mindful...then again I was literally in Grand Central Station. It's challenging.)
10:45 pm - 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of Canadian bacon, 1 slice of cheese on 2 pieces of toast. not much water today.

Tuesday, March 6:
12:30 pm - egg white salad on a piece of toast;
strawberries with whipped cream (disappointing)
4:45 pm - KIND bar; salad with spinach, one hardboiled egg, 2 strips of turkey bacon, cherry tomatoes, and olive oil/balsamic/dijon mustard dressing
10 to 11 pm - a small amount of barely sweet hot cocoa; half a little snack size packet of honey roasted peanuts; piece of turkey bacon with a piece of cheddar cheese
Did not go to BodyPump because I felt like I was coming down with a cold.
eating attentive today

Wednesday, March 7:
8 am - half a bowl of split pea soup; 1/3 chicken panini with mushrooms and spinach; half a bagel with cream cheese
4 pm - the other half of the honey roasted peanuts packet
6 pm - southern greens blend with onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, Canadian bacon
9:30 pm - grilled salmon on a piece of bread with a little mayo; white bean/pumpkin/onion/mushroom/Canadian bacon stew
eating attentive today

Thursday, March 8:
10:30 am - leftover white bean stew
1:30 pm - KIND bar
5 pm - leftover southern greens blend; hard boiled egg, 2 pieces of toast, and way too much lemon gingersnap ice cream
9 pm - snack size cashews packet
11 pm - more ice cream. I feel out of control again. Why can't I get back to that easy, relaxed state I was in? Why is it hard to eat desserts mindfully all of a sudden? I'm worrying about my weight and I think it's tripping me up and making it harder to focus on slow and steady behavioral/eating changes.

Friday, March 9:
8:30 am - fried egg, slice of Canadian bacon, half slice of cheddar cheese,
two pieces of toast (one with butter)
2:30 pm - 2 pieces of wheat bread, roast beef, slice of cheddar, baby spinach
6:30 to 8:30 pm - grilled chicken breast on half a pita with spinach, tomatoes, and tzatziki sauce; 3 homemade chocolate cupcakes (one plain, one with whipped cream and raw walnuts, one with whipped cream and plain raspberries) along with some batter. It wasn't mindful, either. I don't know what to think anymore. The rest of my eating today was attentive and I drank 60 ounces of water.

Saturday, March 10:
snack pack of honey roasted peanuts and half a slice of cheddar
roast beef sandwich with spinach; chocolate-raspberry-whipped cream parfait--I slowed down during the second half of this and eased into mindfulness a bit more.
Later, with company over, I had more of this in a fairly mindless fashion.
Turkey, bell pepper, and black bean tacos with guacamole and sour cream
2 pieces of cinnamon toast
70+ ounces of water

Sunday, March 11:
potatoes with two thin slices of Canadian bacon and sour cream
snack size honey roasted peanuts and 3/4 small piece of cake--pretty mindful
fried fish and curry roasted cauliflower
60 ounces of water; eating attentive today

No comments:

Post a Comment