Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pregnant!

Yes.  And I'm as surprised as you are!  I'm also very happy, and my husband is downright thrilled!

It's really way too early to be announcing this--I'm only a few weeks along and haven't told my family or anything.  But since this blog is anonymous, I don't feel terribly vulnerable talking about it.  I wanted to explain why I went missing for a bit and also why I might be blogging less often, or differently, or whatever, going forward. 

Immediate thoughts related to the topic of this blog: my eating will have to change for the better, and of course I'm concerned about my history of binging.  I'm concerned about being obese and the possibility of gestational diabetes and preeclampsia.  But more than that, I'm simply happy and determined to make smart choices and to enjoy my pregnancy (this is my first ever) as much as possible.

I don't think I will report my daily food anymore, because I feel paranoid about the possibility of being scrutinized and attacked.  People have such strong opinions about nutrition as it is, and they have even more regarding what to do/what not to do during pregnancy.  I'm not sure if I will continue to report my weight, either. Nevertheless, I will continue to blog honestly; I may not include as many exact details as before, but I will continue to talk honestly about what is going on with me at any given point.

More later, though I don't know when!  My mind is pretty much spinning with questions and to-do items and other stuff right now.



7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and I had been wondering if you were okay. I'm glad to hear that it was good news. And I agree that you should not report your food. People are judgmental and this is a time when you do not need more stress.

    I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, SFG! And yes, the less stress, the better.

      Delete
  2. I saw this post on the the Bethany Memorial Blogroll, and wanted to say congratulations!! I am looking forward to following along!

    Try not to put too much stress or pressure on yourself because of your weight and being pregnant. I became pregnant at 230 pounds two years ago, and while I tried to eat as healthy as I could, I did not experience one complication. Also, I didn't gain too much weight until the end, and I lost all of my weight the week after I delivered my son.

    Very exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mina! And hearing about your positive experience gives me confidence, so thanks for sharing that with me.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! Many heartfelt congratulations. I'm glad you returned with such happy news :) ~Vanessa

    ReplyDelete