Monday, February 20, 2012

FEW in review: Feb 13-19

This week was more mental work than anything else. I started noting down the times I ate and it quickly struck me as silly to be eating 5 or 6 times a day just because I never fill myself up all the way. I'd like to eat 3 satisfying meals and perhaps a snack, drink water between meals, and fast after dinner when possible. This will take some time to adjust to, and fasting in the evening is not possible as long as I'm eating "breakfast" at 12:30 p.m. (like I did on Saturday).

In terms of sweets, Valentine's Day was an eye-opener and helped me decide to work on eating a small treat every day for the foreseeable future. I ate vegetables every day this week and paid attention to my water intake for the most part. I didn't exercise at all and realized by the end of the week that I missed it. I do feel better when I get some workouts in, making exercise's effect on my weight almost besides the point.

No weigh-in this week, since I didn't go to the gym.

Monday, February 13th:
8:45 a.m. - small omelet with broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and cheddar; clementine
2 p.m. - KIND bar
5:15 p.m. - chicken salad on a croissant
9:45 p.m. - s'mores cupcake
11 p.m. - 2 slices of arugula pizza, a tiny cup of tomato soup, and 2 strawberries
All eating was seated, attentive today (meaning: no multitasking)
40+ ounces of water

Tuesday, February 14th:
11 a.m. - small omelet with broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, and cheddar; one turtle candy (cluster of cashews, caramel, and chocolate)
2:30 p.m. - one turtle candy; KIND bar
4 p.m. - 5 donut holes (not very attentive)
5:30 p.m. - salmon; some potato chips, one turtle candy (distracted)
7:30 p.m. - vanilla cupcake and 2 chocolate-covered graham crackers (distracted)
8:30 p.m. - chicken lo mein and a few vegetables (peppers, broccoli)
50+ ounces of water

Wednesday, February 15th:
9:45 a.m. - KIND bar (in car, inattentive)
11:50 a.m - chicken salad on bed of raw cabbage and arugula
3:45 p.m. - small bowl of mixed dark leafy greens (chard, kale, etc.) cooked with tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, one slice bacon
4:45 p.m. - salmon and 3 strawberries
10 p.m. - lamb with peanut sauce; half of a paratha
11 p.m. - chocolate chips and some walnuts
80 ounces of water

Thursday, February 16th:
10:15 a.m. - potatoes with one slice bacon, sour cream, cheddar cheese
4 p.m. - 5 Oreos with milk
7 p.m. - small bowl of mixed dark leafy greens (chard, kale, etc.) cooked with tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, one slice bacon; 2 strawberries
9 p.m. - potatoes with BROCCOLI, cheddar, sour cream
did not track water today and didn't drink enough; all eating attentive

Friday, February 17th:
9:30 a.m. - chicken salad on a bed of arugula
2:30 p.m. - 5 Oreos with milk
6:30 p.m. - personal pan pizza (which is tiny) and a Mountain Dew
30+ ounces of water; all eating attentive

Saturday, February 18th:
12:30 p.m. - 5 Oreos with milk
4:30 p.m. - salad of arugula, chicken breast, pomegranate seeds, carrots, celery, balsamic vinegar/mustard/olive oil dressing; mint tea
6:45 p.m. - celery stick with peanut butter and raisins
9:45 p.m. - KIND bar and half an apple
12:45 a.m. - pork chop and warm slaw composed of garlic, onions, apple, cabbage, carrots, celery, arugula, all sauteed together in olive oil
60+ ounces of water; all eating attentive

Sunday, February 19th:
Today I was traveling and didn't note down times and other details carefully.
pork chop with warm slaw; milk
KIND bar; a couple peanuts
7? Oreos (illustrates the trouble with multitasking. I was in the car.)
cheeseburger and fries; a few bites of my husband's turkey sandwich
Didn't track water.

No comments:

Post a Comment