Friday, January 27, 2012

Doing better

Today I was less anxious than yesterday, and I even signed up for an online course in Vipassana meditation that starts January 30th. I'm hoping it will help me with eating-related urges, with anxiety, with being ruled by my emotions and my lower brain in general. I also found a well-known center of instruction about an hour away from my house that offers classes and workshops, so I expect to make use of that in the future.

I overate in the evening again, after returning from the gym, but it wasn't a binge. I am happy that getting through the day without a binge isn't some huge struggle or accomplishment anymore. It's starting to feel normal. And if I keep working at it, one day it will feel normal to get through the evening without overeating.

One thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment